What project cars lead up to your Porsche ownership?
Before I bought my first Porsche I owned a 1993 single turbo widebody RX-7. I had that car for 10 years and it taught me a lot of lessons about cars and money especially after going through 5 motors. It was fully built but not reliable. After 10 years I decided it was time to grow up and move on. I was in the market for a Honda S2000 but my friend suggested “why don’t I try getting something higher end.” I was never really into Porsches to be honest. I wasn’t a huge fan of 911s at the time, but I always had a thing for the Cayman. The side profile of the RX-7 and Cayman are pretty similar as they are both hatches. Maybe I’m just drawn to that styling. There’s something about it being an underdog in the Porsche lineup that was very appealing. Also there weren’t very many crazily modded ones at the time.
What are your passions?
Other than cars – fitness is a huge one. I’ve been obese almost my entire life. I’ve lost 85lbs and that’s completely changed my everything for me. It made me less lazy and that gave me the work ethic to work my way up to owning Porsches. Now I maintain it and help coach others. Other hobbies also include cooking and guns.
What lead you to SOUL and how do you like your system?
I like that SOUL was a new brand with a quality product with nothing but good reviews. Also, Soul is very active on social media, which is the future in my opinion. I liked that it gives me the performance and sounds I’m looking for.
Current mod list / Future plans for your car?
That’s a long list for either car haha. The Caymans are really underpowered and being N/A I had to do literally every mod I can think of to squeeze as much power out of them as possible.
For the 987S track car:
- Soul Performance Competition Headers
- Schnell intake
- IPD comp plenum/GT3 throttle body
- Custom straight pipe exhaust
- BBI underdrive pulley
- HD tuning custom tune
- FVD deep sump oil pan spacer
- FVD baffled oil pan
- 996 motorsports AOS
- CAE short shifter
- OMP steering wheel
- Braum VenomR bucket seats
- Braum 5 pt harnesses
- FVD Heigo roll bar
- CKS coilovers suspension
- Forgestar C55v superdeep wheels
- EBC yellowstuff pads
- Stoptech SS brakelines
- Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
- Rennline tow hook
- TA style front lip
- 997 front cup flares
- Precision Porsche sideskirts
- Precision Porsche rear fenders
- Precision Porsche wing base
- PNAdesign wing uprights
- 997.2 GT3 Cup wing
Future plans for 987:
- Build custom rear diffuser
- Front splitter
- TPC turbo kit (purchase but haven’t installed)
- 18” 3piece wheels with R compound tires
- Lightweight battery/carbon trunk and other lightweight modifications
- Big Brake Kit
981S street car
- Soul Performance Competition Headers
- Soul Performance Valved Exhaust System
- 20” Forgestar F14 superdeep wheels
- BC Racing coilovers
- GT4 Style front bumper
- GT4 Style trunk spoiler
- GTS rear diffuser
- HD tuning tune
- AFE power intakes
- IPD comp plenum w/ GT3 throttle body
Future plans for 981:
- Upgrade factory headunit to have camera and Bluetooth audio. (Who options a 70k+ car in 2014 without a reverse camera and Bluetooth audio??? Smh)
- Recaro Sportster Racing seats
- Brake Caliper spacer for larger rotors
- Brake Pads
- 718 GT4 front bumper
- Side splitters
- 3.8L or 4.0L motor swap? (Haha some day)
If you could own any car what would it be?
I have one of my dream cars, it’s the 981S in PDK. Its perfect. I love everything about it, just wish it was faster. My dream dream car I fantasize about owning though, is a Lamborghini Huracan. Honorable mentions for dream dailys would be a Mercedes C63S coupe and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.
What do you do for work?
I am a Structural Senior CAD Drafter. Basically I draw building in 3D and make the blueprints for them and stuff. I also have some side businesses such as car rentals and weight loss coaching. I also make uprights for wings or sell some car parts here and there.